Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I am a fan of secret rivers!

Here's to inordinate excitement about a probably-foolish undertaking that occurs in a little over three weeks! *breaks out the chocolate*

My story was seeming too large to deal with, but now it's under control. Pretty much. :D Scene charts colour-coded for character POVs are my salvation. As is caller ID. Strangely excellent for names, that. 

And I love my characters. They still need a lot of work done though. :D Strangely,  I know why the girls function, but not exactly what they'll do in any given situation- while I know what the guys would say in most situations, but not why. This issue is probably aided by the fact that I have little-to-no idea why guys do things most of the time. 

In fact, this is probably a good time to offer a flat apology for any masculine POV's I inflict on the world. I'm sorry. 

SO EXCITED!!!!!!

4 comments:

Bahnree said...

color-coded? Seriously?

Kemendraugh said...

You're so cute. And lucky! I am waiting for the Holy Spirit to guide my fingers for the rest of my plot, all my secondary characters, and the general scenes and dialogue as well.
I approve of caller ID! Personally I find bus rides highly inspirational.

Snazel said...

Yes, colour coded. I currently have five POVs I'm working with, though three only have two scenes or so.

You see, this is what happens when at 1 am you decide to combine plot bunnies, "since it would be so much more efficient that way," and then stay up until 3 inextricably intertwining the stories. Then, as the crowing touch, you decide to include the sequel (which has almost all new characters and occurs in a different culture of the same universe), in the main story. *beats head repeatedly against wall*

Bahnree said...

I'm a bit speechless right now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Just the numbers, sir...