Tuesday, October 20, 2009

DONE AND DONE.


Not that I celebrate in the slightest. WHOOO.
The day's stats;
Word Count: 1979
Scenes: 2 and a bit (Don't you love specific numbers?)
Tea consumed: I think I'm on mug three. And water. That's why I'm head-aching! Dehydration!
Things done other than writing: Um. I'm dressed?
General satisfaction: High. Very high. *beams*

I know this story needs a lot of work, but I think it's workable? I don't love it in the way that I love Expendables, which is just part of my SOUL, but I think MD and I can get along. We might be able to work things out. I actually even have a slight idea of how to edit this uneven tale into submission. :D

Oh, fine, have an excerpt. *beams* It's so bad..
(This is as romantic as I got. I'm SO pro.)
EPILOGUE:

Adolph carefully walked along the top of the castle wall, approaching the slim woman in grey who was watching the courtyard and the marsh alternately. “How are you today, betrothed?”

Adelheid turned and smiled slightly. “I am well, thank you, Adolph.” She brushed some hair behind her ear. “It is a beautiful day, isn’t it?”

He stood next to her and looked out over the marsh, which was showing a little bit of ice around the edges. It had snowed last night. “If you like freezing to death.” He sounded gloomy.

Adelheid laughed. “No, I like NOT freezing to death. That’s why we have massive fireplaces, and halls, and all that! Yes?”

Adolph didn’t sound convinced. “You still have to go outside. And then your nose freezes.” He looked at Adelheid as she chuckled. “Are you, happy, about Christmas?”

She looked at him, and then looked down at her hands. “Um.”

Adolph took the hands, carefully. “I didn’t really have time to ask you before, Fraulein Independent. But you can obviously carry yourself well in court, you don’t panic in emergencies, you speak as many languages as I do, you look lovely, and you’re smart.” He cleared his throat. “Is it such a terrible thing, to marry a friend? Oh, and I’m fabulously wealthy. Does that help?”

She chuckled, and looked up, rather red in the face. “I’ll be honest, it does help, just a little.” She brushed at hair that didn’t need to be tidied. “But I wouldn’t mind if we had to live in a town house either. You’re the best I’ve found yet.”

Adolph grinned. “Good. I don’t want a mopey wife.” He continued grinning cockily as his betrothed glared at him. “Moping equals rebellion! And trying to tickle you into submission is just tiring, not to mention beating, I mean, wow.” He shook his head. “Much better to be happy.” 


“I’m happy I can keep you from being so inconvenienced, friend.” Adelheid responded dryly.

Adolph chuckled. “Being married to you will certainly be fun! Brrr, it’s cold. let’s go inside.” He held the ladder steady for her as she climbed down.

But if you'll excuse me, now I need to go sleep and regrow my brain. Oh my fearsome quaver, it's only 11 days till Nano? PANIC STARTS NOW.

7 comments:

Spartezda said...

Yay draft! :D *dances around*

Snazel said...

Thank yoU! :D

Bahnree said...

CONGRATS AGAIN! I plan to read it Friday, with hot chocolate. (why yes, I DO have to plan out these things)

Amy Laurens said...

Why, hello shiny blog which I will now go and follow... O:)

Yay! Congratulations!!

Snazel said...

@ Bahnree: *beam*

Snazel said...

@Inkie: Oh,thank you! *beams again* It isn't really that shiny. But thank you anyhow! *sparkle*

I seem to have woken up happy. Fancy that. *beams*

Merc said...

Wheee! :D Yay for drafts. *gives you cookies*

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Just the numbers, sir...