Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nano Week 1. "Cause I've seen it before-"

  • Words I should be at: 11,669
  • Words I am at: 7,519
  • Stories within Stories: 3
  • Characters who don't have names yet, despite being featured prominently: 2

This has been- hard. Despite what I've been accused of, I do NOT have words on tap. I'm pretty much dry, this year. :P And the fact that I never have any idea where my story is going is also- fun.

Basically I've been motivating myself for a week with the hope of getting to this one line.
The prince stretched out again. “Stone, we’re having air conservation issues. I really must insist on informality. Call me Highness!”
Now what do I write? o.O



P.S. I'll update later today with a Character Call and excerpt.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Well at least you have some story to your writing. I'm just writing. More journaling than writing a story. I have managed to stay on target with the word count goal so far but there is no story at all, except for the story of me struggling to write. :) That's what I've decided to do this year just to get into the habit of actually taking the time to write.

Snazel said...

@Jacqueline: Heh, I should post an excerpt, so you can see just how much of a "story," I'm cranking out. :D But thanks for reminding me that people do read this blog, too! And GREAT JOB on the word count. I guess before, I don't know what I was on, but I somehow thought it was easy. And now that little bubble just burst. :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Just the numbers, sir...