Tuesday, April 22, 2008

excited!!!

Wow, I'm really exited about writing now.

I really want to write my own story, though I've done a shocking lack of work on it. Also, I was hit with a plot bunny that wants to turn a story that Bahnree is writing into an OC tournament.

So, the people who are participating have a character, or a couple of characters. They write a description of their character, and their fighting style, and maybe a bit of a back story so that the other participants can get a feel for who the character is. Then the characters are paired off in duels, and the writers have to write a fight, wherein his or her characters wins the duel. The trick is, their opponent is writing the duel too, with his or her character winning instead. Then independent judges will pick the best story of the two that are submitted, and the winner will advance to the next round, just like in a real life tournament. Then they are paired with another character, a duel takes place, etc.

*is excited*

This would be really good writing practice, and just, fun! Maybe we'll do it in June or July. Kendra and Stephanie could probably lure in a bunch of people, too. For goodness sake, I might be able to lure in some people, in fact.

Oh! And on the May/PENredux front, Kemendraugh is probably going to be doing the writing with Bahnree and I! I'm happy!

And, it's after midnight. Time to head for bed.

1 comment:

Bahnree said...

I tentatively mentioned the tournament to katie and she sounded amazingly excited. :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Just the numbers, sir...