Monday, October 3, 2011

Poem of the day #18

Sonnet 116
William Shakespeare

Let me not to the marriage of true mindes
Admit impediments, love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no, it is an ever fixed marke
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandring barke,
Whose worths unknowne, although his higth be taken.
Lov's not Times foole, though rosie lips and cheeks
within his bending sickles compasse come,
Love alters not with his breefe houres and weekes
But bears it out even to the edge of doome:
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

3 comments:

Bahnree said...

I really like Shakespeare's sonnets, although I haven't read all of them yet. Sonnet 71 is my favorite.

Tim Susman said...

This was one of the readings at our wedding. :)

Snazel said...

@Bahnree: English Major
@Tim: From everything I've heard, your wedding sounds wonderful. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Just the numbers, sir...