- Someone needs to stop Joab. He takes his personal vengeance WAY too seriously. I don't care how good of a general he is. Someone needs to go to David, and say "Dude, this man is stabbing people in front of the whole army. It's BAD FOR MORALE. And morals."
- Never name your daughter Tamar. That's just- not a name with a good history.
- David is SO BAD with women. I just kept facepalming the whole time, really.
- But I still love him. Something about his poetry and way of rallying the troops. :D
- There is SO MUCH politics in this book! Seriously! Everyone's backstabbing and supporting people, and withdrawing their support, and all that junk. It's CA-RAY-SEE.
- Also, sexism. There's a lot of it.