Tuesday, October 12, 2010

CLICK, CLACK, MOO: Cows That Type. Story by Doreen Cronin, pictures by Betsey Lewis

Farmer Brown never thought much of of the old typewriter in the barn, until the day the cows found it.

Now there's a strike going on, demands are being made on both sides, and the ducks are serving as neutral arbitration.

The farmer hasn't had milk or eggs in days.

WHERE WILL IT END?

Okay, so this cautionary tale about the perils of education* was quietly hilarious. I mean, I expected it to be funny, it's that type, (you can tell by the illustrations,) I just didn't expect it to be quite THAT funny. I laughed out loud when I got to the end, and I'll CERTAINLY be buying it.

I gave it four stars out of five.




*Not really. I just wanted to say that. :D

2 comments:

Bahnree said...

This book sounds awesome.

Also, random CONGRATULATIONS on the fact that you've read 11 debuts! :D 1 more to go, yes? Or did you commit to more?

Snazel said...

It really and truly is awesome!

ANd I only committed to 12? I'm trying for more, though. :D And I'm totally doing it next year, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Just the numbers, sir...